TrueCaller is one of the best caller ID apps out there, and you can not find the latest smartphone without Truecaller app. And it is one of the most popular Android App for unknown caller identification. It is necessary to change your name on Trucaller if it is wrong. In this article, I will explain in detail how to do TrueCaller Name change?
Before we ahead with Truecaller Name change, let us have a look into the main reasons for appearing a wrong name on Trucaller App. To change the name on Trucaller, you may be required to uninstall the Trucaller App from your device. In that case, you can download the app from here.
Read Also: Best TrueCaller Alternative App for Android.
Related Post: Upcoming Smartphones in India in 2018.
There are mainly two reasons for appearing the wrong name on Trucaller Caller ID App. Following are the main reasons for the wrong name on Trucaller App.
- As people register on Trucaller App, the App access the contact book on your device. Your name may not be correctly saved on their contact list. As a result, the Truecaller save your name wrong.
- The Mobile number which you have recently purchased might be used by someone else.
Read Also: TrueCaller Premium Mod Apk For Free.
Related Post: How to Do Truecaller Number Search?
So, why you might want to change TrueCaller name? Why Is TrueCaller name change important?
- Saves you from getting identified that you are using TrueCaller app.
- Helps you get your real name for your phone number.
- Assists you in removing any unwanted tags like spam, etc. from your phone number.
TrueCaller name change can be quickly done. This can be done in three different ways.
1. First Method To Chane Name[/h]
- Uninstall Truecaller App and reinstall it again.
- Enter the mobile number and verify the number.
- After verification, you will get an option to enter correct name.
2. Second Method
This involves using a TrueCaller app which is available on all mobile platforms, be it Android, iOS, Windows Phone, or Blackberry. Follow the steps for TrueCaller Name change
- At first, download and install the TrueCaller app on your mobile phone.
- Verify your phone number by SMS verification. This will automatically create a profile linked with your phone number.
- After profile verification is complete, open the TrueCaller mobile app and then click on their horizontal lines on the top left corner. This is ‘App Menu.’
- In the App menu tab, click on ‘Edit Profile.’
- Now, just parallel to your name, you will find ‘Edit’ ( a pencil icon). Click on it.
- Enter your desired first name and Last name, as you want for your mobile number in TrueCaller.
- Save changes, and your TrueCaller Name change has been done.
The second method involves the web interface of TrueCaller. TrueCaller has a feature called “TrueCaller Name Suggestion.” This feature allows you to suggest a name to any particular number. For TrueCaller Name change through name suggestion, follow these steps –
- On a web browser, open Truecaller.com.
- You will be required to sign in. Use your Email for sign on purpose.
- After sign in, on the truecaller web page, you will find a box which says ‘Look up a phone number.’
- Choose your country code in that box, and enter your desired number.
- TrueCaller will now display every detail; it has on that number, including the name.
- On the number’s profile, click on ‘Suggest Name.’
- Enter your desired name and select if the number is of a ‘Person’ or a ‘Business.’
- Click on ‘Save Name,’ and you are done!
TrueCaller will then review the name as suggested by you. If the suggestion is valid by TrueCaller’s database, the name is likely to get changed.
I think this article was helpful for you to understand how to do the name change on Trucaller. In case you need any further help, just comment below your quires.