Google Play Store is one of the leading app stores on an Android Device. It is the safest source to download Android Apps into your smartphone. But Google Play Store Error Code 20 prevent you from downloading or updating an Android App from Google Play Store. How to fix Error Code 20?
Mainly there are two reasons for Error Code 20. Firstly, Google Play Store Error Code 20 will occur if there is no space in your Android Smartphone to download or update an Android App from the Google Play Store. Secondly, a network error can also stop you from downloading or updating an Android App accompanied by this error code.
How to Fix Google Play Store Error Code 20?
Error Code 20 is just one of the most common Google Play Store Error occurs on Android Devices. Now let us discuss some useful tips to get rid of this Android Google Play Store Error. Here is your answer to your question about how to fix error code 20?
1. Restart The Device
Try to fix Google Play Store Error Code 20 by restarting the smartphone before you do anything else. As I said earlier, most of the phone software related issues can be fixed by a simple restart. I have mentioned this in my previous articles about Android Camera App issue, Android Browser error issue, Notifications not showing in the Android Status Bar, etc.
In addition to that, restarting smartphone at least once in a day can help to stop many background processes. This will help to increase smartphone battery life by decreasing Android Battery Drain. Because I recommend restarting the smartphones at least thrice in a week.
2. Clear Google Play Store App Cache
Clearing Google Play Store App Cache helps to fix the Android Google Play Store Error Code 20. Now let us see how to clear Cache of an Android App.
- Go to settings.
- Find App Management and tap on it.
- Now find Google Play Store App from the list and tap on it.
- Tap Clear Cache.
3. Release Some Space on Your Device
Check for available space on the device. If you are running out of memory, you have to release some memory to fix Google Play Store Error Code 20. Check the in the file manager app to find the availability of memory on your device. Here are some tips to release memory on your device.
- Uninstall some unwanted Apps from the device.
- Stop the habit of installing all the apps into the device.
- Delete some images from the device. Remember to create a back up before you delete the photos.
- Also, transferring images into an external SD card helps to release the phone memory.
Else you can upload your favourite images and other docs to cloud storage apps such as Google Drive or DropBox. This will permanently save your docs forever. In addition to that, you can also access these stored images from multiple devices and platforms as well.
4. Remove Google Account From The Device
Removing Google account from the device and adding Google Account again into the device can also try to fix this Android Error Code 20.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Search For Account and Security and Tap on ” Google”. A new window will open up as you tap on it.
3. Now tap on the Google Account which you want to remove from the device. Tap on the “Remove” icon (see the Image) and a pop up window will open up to remove the account. Tap on it to confirm the removal of the account.
After removing the Google Account from the device, you have to add this account again into the device. I recommend you to add the Google Account back after restarting the device. Follow the below instructions to add Google Account into the Android Device.
- Go to Settings.
- Find “Account and Sync” and tap on it.
- A new window will open up.
- Now tap on “Add Account” at the bottom.
- Tap on ” Google”.
- Now you will get options to add Gmail account and password.
5. Factory Reset
A factory reset is the last possible way to fix Google Play Store Error Code 20. But you must go for this if all the other methods fail to fix Error Code 20 because it will wipe off all the data from the device. So remember to create data back up before you go ahead with a Factory reset.
I think this guide helps you to fix Google Play Store Error Code 20 on your Android device. In case you need more clarification about your question on how to fix error code 20, you can comment below.