Apple is a renowned computer company which is founded on April 1, 1976, by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne. It was known by the name Apple Computer Company between 1976–1977 and Apple Computer, Inc. between 1977–2007 and now Apple Inc. It’s headquartered in California U.S. It has a wide range of products like iPhone, Macintosh, iPod and now Steve Jobs has launched iPad which is an intermediate gadget between the Macbook and iPhone. Let us see the iPad features and Specifications in this article.
You can do so many things by this new device like listening music, watching videos, internet browsing, reading documents and many more things.
You May Also Interested to Read: Google Fit Activity Tracking App
Steve Jobs announced and unveiled this device on January 27, 2010, at a San Francisco media conference. He released this brand new iPad (wifi variant) on April 3, 2010, in the USA and described the specification on the launch. Wifi + cellular variant launched on April 30, 2010, in the United States. On May 28, 2010, it launched in Spain, Italy, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia. In China, it was launched on September 17, 2010.
Let us have a look at Apple iPad Features and Specifications in detail.
- 7 inch IPS LCD display with LED backlight
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio
- Color display: 4:3 9.7 inch (20 cm × 15 cm) IPS LCD with LED backlight
- 1024 × 768 pixels Resolution (132 ppi density)
- Fingerprint and scratch resistant glass
Body & Battery
- It weights around 700 gram
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer 6613 mAh battery, Apple claims it provides video payback timing up to 10 hours and audio playback timing up to 140 hours.
- Dimensions: 9.56×7.47×0.5 in (24.3×19×1.4 cm)
- Home Screen button with volume rockers
Hardware & Software
- 3G A-GPS
- micro-SIM slot
- Quad-band GSM 850 900 1800 1900 MHz
- Tri-band UMTS 850 1900 2100 MHz HSDPA
- Operating System: iPhone OS 3.2 upgradable to IOS 4.2 & 5
- Apple A4 SoC with 1 GHz processor
- 256 MB of RAM
- PowerVR SGX535 GPU
- 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB variants
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- USB 2.0/Dock Connector
- No Rear Camera
- No Front Camera
- iPad comes with Pre-installed Applications Like Safari, Mail, Photos, Video, iPod, iTunes, App Store, Maps, Notes, Calendar.
- Sync with iTunes, Mac and Windows PC
- Speaker, Microphone, Headset jack
- Online services like iTunes Store, App Store, iCloud, iBookstore, iWork.
A User can use this iPad for calling on Wi-Fi or 3G using a VoIP application by using a wired headset or the built-in speaker and microphone.
On this iPad, the user can play games and access social network services and GPS navigation. It has 12 next-generation Multi-Touch application which is very responsive, and it can run almost more than 140000 apps in the App Store.
In the first 80 days, more than 3 million iPads sold by Apple.
Cost of iPad: $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB, $699 for 64GB